As I'm reading other people's stuff (sorry, if you didn't want me to read it) I notice that Superbowl parties tend to bring some sort of romantic feelings. You know what, I am included in this movie-like scenario too.

Last night I went to a Superbowl party at my friend Tim's place. Tim is a lot older then me and he has a son my age, but he is one of my best friends. He has a big high definition projector and screen down in his basement. His house is the best place to watch anything. That night a bunch of my friends (mostly from church) were there. There was a good mix of guys and girls and the funny thing was, we all acted pretty adult-like. Most of it was because most of the girls I have known for a long time were there. Especially one girl in particular. My feelings for Kari are very strong and I made the big mistake of making it very obvious. She is a mature person, who when something gets in the way of something else, the something must be put off for awhile. I was the something. I hadn't really seen or talked to her in over a month. We are good friends, but I know she's been avoiding me. I know she has feelings for me. Many of you are probably asking me in your heads right now, "Why doesn't he just go after her?" The main reason I don't is because it's not time yet. I am 17 and I vowed to my God that I would not date until I was 18, which by the way is only 2 months away. Also, so much is going on right now (mostly on her side) that the best thing to do right now is wait.

The party was awesome. I am not much of a football fan, but when I realized Tampa Bay was winning, I was happy. I came early to help clean-up and decorate. When she came in, I was sitting at the table and my heart was beating a hundred miles an hour. When she finally said hi, I said calmly, "Oh, hey. Nice to see you here." She said, "Yeah, you too". The whole night I would find myself just staring at here and then I would catch myself and get back to whatever I was doing.

At the end of the night, most of the people had left the house. I was leaving out the door with my group, when as I stepped out of the door I noticed my car shimmering under the streetlamp light. My car is not supposed to shimmer. It's covered in dirt. Someone had Saran wrapped my car. Not only that, they smothered honey on top of it. I knew immediatley who it was. One of my best friends, Ezra, who was driving off in his car. I started to chase him down, while shouting obescenities that I hoped he could hear with the window closed. With a sigh, I looked at my car. It wasn't that bad. I started to clean it all off and Kari was right there to help me. She encouraged me to get him back and I assured her I would. Kari and her sister are notorious in our church for these kind of pranks. Only theirs our most of the time worse then what Ezra did to me. I was so glad to have her on my side.

As I looked at her, everything about her just brought me peace and happiness. Her smile, her eyes, here hair; they were all comforting and beautiful to me. The thing I fell most in love with that night though is her personality. She brightens up the room whenever she walks in, because she radiates with sharp wit, stunning maturity, awesome humor and a beautiful mind. 2 months seems so far away.