A discipline in White Wolf Game Studio's Vampire: The Masquerade. With it, a vampire of clan Ravnos develops powers of supernatural illusion. This is not limited to visual illusions. Rather they are able to target any and (at higher levels) all senses. As with Obfuscate, Chimerstry can be pierced with high enough levels of Auspex.

  1. Ignis Fatuus: With this power the vampire can conjure a static illusion that effects a single sense. For example, it can conjure the image of a rose that has no scent or tactile presence and never moves. Any illusion that is tactile has no actual substance so it cannot be used to injure or confine anyone. (VtM)
  2. Fata Morgana: This discipline allows the Ravnos to conjure an illusion that appears to all the senses. This image, however, is static. (VtM)
  3. Apparition: Upon learning this discipline that vampire can now make the illusion move and behave naturally. (VtM)
  4. Permanency: Normally illusions only exist as long as the Ravnos is present and can see them. Now, however, the illusion can be made permanent until the vampire desires to dispel it. (VtM)
  5. Horrid Reality: All the previous powers can have no physical effect on anyone encountering them. With Horrid Reality, however, the illusions are so real to the viewer that they can actually hurt or even kill the victim. The caveat is that Horrid Reality only works on one person, unlike the previous powers.