No Shame Theater, at least the Iowa City version, will leave you feeling like you either got a great deal of entertainment for $2 or it will leave you feeling like you wasted $2 and two hours of your life that you will never get back. On any give Friday there is no way to know how things are going to shape up until it’s too late. Shows start at 11 p.m., usually in Theater B in the Theater Building on the University of Iowa campus. At the end of each semester, there is a “Best of No Shame” . Instead of new skits, the board members select the best skits from that semester’s shows to showcase. This is almost guaranteed to be a great show. Although NatchLucid points out that they limit the number of acts, a straight 14 or 15 each show is rarely the case. Instead, they will start throwing in half numbers, which makes the show run ridiculously long. If it’s a bad night, this can be torture. Most of the people who perform at No Shame perform every week and often in several different skits. It tends to be a male dominated show, with most women acting only as stage dressing. Of course there are a few regular female contributors who attempt to bunk the trend. Over the course of my four years at the UI, I saw some interesting things take place in Theater B. On the same night I got to hear a friend’s monologue on how he loved Pokemon in ways Pokemon shouldn’t be loved, AND I got to see an old acquaintance from high school strip down to nothing to perform his piece. Unfortunately, I missed the night he stuck a feather duster up his bum.