Running Log


Tuesday, Mar. 16 ........ 52 min
Monday, Mar. 15 ........... 0 min
Sunday, Mar. 14 ......... 49 min
Saturday, Mar. 13 ....... 49 min


Tuesday, Mar. 16 Bit of rain, accompanied by a chill. I wore the nylon shell pants and jacket and wore gloves. Talk about your basic sissy.

8 minutes into the run the left calf cramped up painfully. This caused a change in gait, which then resulted in a sharp left knee pain. As with all pains it's usually best to soldier through these things and keep running, and about ten more minutes into the run these pains resolved themselves into mere nuisances.

Now, however, the knee pain is a constant throbbing kind. I popped a chondroitin/glucosamine horse pill in the morning and now another after lunch. Doesn't seem to be doing anything for the pain but it fools me into believing some corrective action has been taken. Let's hope a good night's sleep takes care of this.

I stopped at 33 minutes into the run. Just wanted to walk. I turned off the stopwatch and just walked. It was nice. Then resumed running, and stopped again at 43 minutes. Walked another 2 minutes, then ran all the way home. A bad hour on the bike trail is better than a good hour inside.

I'm almost ready to begin taking poems along and memorizing them along the trail, just to have something to think about. First one is going to be T.S. Eliot's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.

217 lb. I've dropped 2 more pounds since last week.

A good quote by American marathoner and running guru, the late George Sheehan:

We who run marathons are different from those who merely study us.
We are out there experiencing what they are trying to put into words.
We know what they are merely trying to know.
They seek belief, while we already believe.

BEGIN *** BACK *** NEXT *** END