This is an unusual pasta sauce in that it's uncooked and pureed. If I had to compare it to something, I'd say that it's most like a very chunky, flavourful pesto sauce. It can be served over pasta, shrimp, fish, and so on.
- On a medium heat, toast the almonds in the skillet for three minutes, stirring fairly constantly.
- Dump the almonds into the food processor; toast the bread in the skillet for about 1 minute per side, until crisp.
- Crumble up the toasted bread and drop it, along with the garlic, into the food processor.
- Process the mixture. If your food processor is anything like mine, the bread may stick to the blades. If this happens, just pull it off and continue processing until everything is finely chopped.
- Add the peppers, oil, vinegar, and cayenne; process until fairly smooth.