I'm a little concerned that no one has mentioned how dangerous OxyContin is. (Read The problem with nodes condoning drugs for more info)

U.S. towns, especially in the east, have been deluged with crime, death and pain when OxyContin has hit their streets. From the NDIC:

Several deaths have resulted specifically from the abuse of OxyContin in Kentucky, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia. The Pike County, Kentucky, Coroner reported 19 OxyContin-related deaths during calendar year 2000. In December 2000, seven OxyContin overdose deaths were reported in Southeastern Kentucky by two Kentucky State Police posts. The Logan Daily News reported in October 2000 that four Hocking County, Ohio, residents overdosed on OxyContin over an 18-day period. Two of the four died. There have been at least four OxyContin overdose deaths in Pulaski, Virginia, since 1998. In July 2000, The Williamson Daily reported five OxyContin-related overdose deaths in southwestern West Virginia since May 2000.
People trying to kick an OxyContin addiction habit experience many of the same withdrawal symptoms as heroin users. Some doctors say that OxyContin is even harder than heroin to kick, because of its time-release function. As one convicted pharmacy robber said from prison, “You feel the same withdrawal symptoms ... the worst flu you ever had. You sweat. You vomit. You can't control your bowels and you shake and you wish you would die. The only relief is more.” Police in cities like Cincinnati have taken to calling OxyContin "the heroin of the Midwest." (Cincinnati Enquirer)

What makes OxyContin a very dangerous drug is its time-release chemistry. In essence, OxyContin is oxycodone bound to a patented chemical which reacts to the level of oxycodone already in the blood. When the level drops, the bonding agent breaks down, permitting more oxycodone to be released. Up to 160 mg can be packed into every pill. However, if addicts crush the pills, then snort them, it circumvents the bonding agent, flooding their systems with a fast, addictive, heroin-like high.

In short, OxyContin is dangerous, dangerous stuff. Percocet, Percodan, and Roxicodone are other variant drugs with the same active ingredient, Oxycodone.

Sources:
http://enquirer.com/editions/2001/02/07/loc_oxycontin_pain_drug.html
http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs/651/