The Iyonix pc is a Risc OS dedicated desktop computer based on an ARM compatible Intel XScale 80321 processor running at 600MHz (remembering that with RISC you can get a 33Mhz machine to look like a 300Mhz). It uses an nVidia graphics card and the RISC OS 5 operating system. Because of the nature of the Operating System and the processor the system produces almost no heat and therefore avoids the annoying fan roar demanded by Windows based machines.

The Iyonix is very usable for art based purposes considering its ability to handle 16 million colours at resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 pixels without complaint. The machine is also compatible with all standard peripherals via various ports including two USB ports placed sensibly on the front where you can get at them without braving the jungle that accumulates behind most computers. The Iyonix also uses plug-and-play which helps keeps things simple.

The Iyonix comes with Risc OS 5 installed on just 4MB of Flash ROM, allowing an almost instant start up time. Risc OS 5 has a very easy to use Graphical User Interface (GUI) that also manages to be visually pleasing, as shown by the popularity of the Risc OS theme among users of KDE. The OS comes packaged with ready installed software that handles just about all industry standard filetypes (eg. Document processors, Spreadsheets etc.) and some top quality image software.

The Iyonix is the successor to the older Risc machines such as the A3000, A4000, A5000, Risc PC and Kinetic.