After World War II the United States tried to find German scientists who had been involved in "psychological warfare" and rocketry development areas to take advantage of their past researchs. However the US agents couldn’t find them because they had already scattered out to various places like USSR, Italy and South America. Then the CIA convinced Congress to perform a legal means of importing these people into the US and introducing them into its military industrial complex, including colleges and universities.

Thus arose the Project Paperclip, as a government sanctioned CIA procedure that was approved by Congress in 1946.

Such a project, at its formal definition, was nothing more than a transport operation. In such a concern, the airline Capital International Airways (C.I.A.) was created to be a large contributor to this. The company brought into the United States nearly 800 psychiatrists and engineers that were actively engaged in mind control, behaviour research, and military rocketry applications.

In 1947, to put an end to the scandal and controversy that ensued, President Truman told the Congress that he had made a mistake signing this project into law, " because no person that was a part of the NAZI party could be brought into this country. " In such a way, it was established the National Security Act which took over the rules on matters of foreign and military policies.

Many of the "immigrants", however, have been working in the US space program and Propaganda Department of Defense. It is well known that Wernher von Braun was put out front, as the pretty boy in charge of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.