Comfort Food for cold winter nights

This is one of those dishes that I would make if I had a crap day at work and on the way home, Otago, London or Cologne would chill me to the bone. It's easy, takes ca 30 - 45 mins to prepare and the aroma drifting through the kitchen alone will ooze all your worries away. You can freeze all the more unusual ingredients, so by storing them in the freezer, you'll always be able to spontaneously whip it up.

Here we go:

Ingredients for 2 hungry noders:

Cube the lamb and coarsely chop the onions, garlic and peppers. Heat up the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan and make it smoke. Now add the lamb and brown the meat for ca. 2 minutes, continously stirring.

Reduce the heat to medium and add garlic, peppers and onions to the lamb and stir gently until the onions and the garlic look golden. Now add the tomatoes, fenugreek and the spinach, scoop in 2 tablespoons of curry paste, stir gently and let the whole thing simmer on low heat for ca 45 minutes.

In the meantime prepare your side dishes: I normally serve a curry like this with Basmati and a plain Nan. Depending on the preference of my guests and where we are, beerwise I'd offer a Cobra, a Saxo or a Brewski with it. If wine is requested, a light and fruity Pinot Gris or a Riesling would be appropriate.

Have a great meal and feel those worldly worries melt away.