Throw it away!! You will never need shaving cream again!!!




In the NewScientist regarding how shaving cream works:

I once read an interview with a scientist from Gillette, the American shaving cream manufacturer, who explained that a razor can cut wet hair more easily than dry hair. The only purpose of the shaving cream, he said, was to hold the water against the hair shaft. Hair gets its maximum saturation in water after about two minutes, he added.

I was in the habit of shaving every morning before I took a shower, but I was too impatient to wait two minutes after applying the cream. It struck me that, instead of shaving first, I should simply wait until I had finished showering and my beard would be fully saturated. I reasoned that I should be able to shave then, without using any shaving cream. I tried it, and got the cleanest, smoothest shave I ever had in my life. I have never used shaving cream since.

I apologise to Gillette if the honesty of their scientist results in reduced sales.

make sure you dont try this with a leg razor


Update on Sunday, July 9, 2000 - Server time 19:14

After making this node, I tried it myself the next morning. It fucking worked! My face is smooth as a baby's butt and I didn't use a drop of shaving cream. It even worked on those hard to shave places like the upper lip and chin.

Update on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - Server time 18:57

This rocks. Anybody want to buy a half used can of shaving cream?