A villain published DC Comics. Amazo first appeared in The Brave and the Bold #30 in 1960.

Amazo is an android created by Professor Ivo. Ivo was obsessed with immortality and plotted to find a way of making himself immortal through stealing the powers of the members of the Justice League of America. To this end, Ivo created an android with special absorption cells, that allowed it to absorb and then duplicate the power of any hero he came into contact with.

Looking like a shirtless Yul Brynner with a skull cap and pointed ears, Amazo clashed with the Justice League and absorbed the abilities of its members. Armed with a facsimilie of Wonder Woman's golden lasso and the Green Lantern's power ring, Amazo fought the heroes to a standstill, using their own abilities against them. Unbeknownst to Ivo, Amazo also absorbed the heroes' weaknesses and this along with the fact that Amazo could only use one power at a time originally, allowed the members of the Justice League to defeat him.

Years later, Amazo was reactivated and again clashed with the Justice League. He has been defeated on multiple occasions, but continues to attempt to defeat the JLA because that was his original programming. Of late, he has also taken special interest in the newest hero to hold the title of Hourman, an android from the 853rd century.