So, I've decided it was about time to go ahead and come to terms with having left the only home I've know, moving to the metropolitan jewel of the South, Atlanta, GA. I had a number of reasons for doing so. From bettering myself, a bit of a fresh start, proximity to friends, and perhaps a few reasons I won't even admit to myself.

Lucky for me the company I work for has an office here in Atlanta. So there was no job hunting involved, just a smooth transition. The co-workers are nice, I've been out a few nights with them and had a beer or two. I've also experienced my first Mellow Mushroom with them for lunch. These guys are a really good bunch, but I mean, you can probably say that about anyone you can have a Transformers vs. Gobots argument with.

Outside of work has been ok. I haven't really met anyone yet. I have found a place around the corner from the house. A decent seeming pub. I look forward to visiting again, and maybe making some new friends in the area. I've also been able to make a few short trips to visit some friends. I'll be honest, the highlight of the previous week for me was being able to treat a friend to dinner that I don't get to see that often. It was also a bit quicker to get to Augusta for the weekend than was my normal drive.

I'm also slowly getting everything unpacked into the new apartment. I think the bookshelf is next on the list. I just have so many boxes of books, I have to sort through them and decide what's actually going up on the shelf. The kitchen is mostly unpacked. I still have to make a trip home to pick up the rest of my things. Maybe in a few weekends, after Dragon*Con. That and getting my house sold will I think complete my transition. At least until I start on my Master's Degree.