I haven't given an update to my personal life because over the past nine months it has changed so many times that any update I given would soon be superseded. And my life isn't that fascinating. The most important aspect of my lifestyle for most of 2016, as far as this site is concerned, is that in the process of moving around, dealing with family problems, and trying to reimagine myself as an adult professional, I no longer have the leisure time to spend an entire day reading obscure volume after obscure volume, and posting the updates of impressions on here. However, given the general pace of activity on here, and my previous output, I don't feel the need to apologize for slowing down.

But the most relevant news now: I have just completed the CELTA, the Cambridge University administered Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults. This is a one month (very) intensive course, functioning as a kind of boot camp in the ways to teach English to non-native speakers---at least, according to Cambridge. It is the most widely recognized international certificate available, although it is less well known in the United States. Although I don't think the course was perfect, it was what I needed, and I'm proud to have done it. Especially since I already have a job offer in Santiago, Chile. All of this is pretty incredible for me. Its almost impossible to comprehend. Especially since the last few months have been lived hand-to-mouth, with the ever present anxiety of poverty and disaster.

Its kind of hard to categorize myself in my own mind: am I the person who has been couchsurfing in the margins for most of the year, and has been a chronically underemployed NEET for what seems like all of my 30s? Or am I the international playboy, one of the glamorous people who get to live in beautiful places, do interesting things, and contribute to the world in a special way? Since the second option seems more exciting, I am certainly going to go with that one.