Title: King Once More
Publication Date: June 1979
Writer: Doug Moench
Artist: Herb Trimpe
Inker: Dan Green
Starring: Godzilla, King of Monsters
Co-starring: The Fantasic Four, The Avengers, SHIELD, J. Jonah Jameson

Plot line: Godzilla has returned from a "mind warping" trip, and is now back to size...and rampaging through midtown Manhattan. As Godzilla tends to be, he is a little upset. Its up to the Shield Helicarrier to lead him back to the ocean. Which is pretty much what happens in this issue, with the assistance of both the Fantastic Four and the Avengers. At the end of the issue, Godzilla is in the ocean, but still a very mad, very angry dinosaur.

Continuity Problems: This comic book comes from 1979, when comic books had a price of 40 cents, and were mostly vehicles to get kids to sell Grit, and buy Twinkies. As such, the writers didn't have to worry about upsetting fanboys, and therefore could insert Marvel superheroes into a cheap, ready to go spin off as needed. The writer was at least familiar with the basics of Marvel Universe characters, at least enough to give Thor the over the top Thor dialogue that he needs.

Verily, the dragon is savage beyond compare

Approximate ratio between the amusement value of the story and the ads: About 1:10.

Approximate nominal investment value of this comic: -37.5%