"Doctor Who: The Weeping Angels of Mons" is a collection of Doctor Who comics, detailing a storyline with The Weeping Angels, published by Titan Comics, from the United Kingdom in 2015. It was written by Robbie Morrison and illustrated by Daniel Indro and Eleonora Carlini. Titan Comics is one of several comics that have had the licence for Doctor Who, which sometimes disrupted the otherwise calm Doctor Who continuity. Also, significantly, this story features The Tenth Doctor, who had finished his television run five years before. At the time that the company was publishing stories featuring the Tenth Doctor, it was also publishing stories featuring the Eleventh Doctor, and the then-current Twelfth Doctor.

The story itself starts in a manner that is pretty common for a Doctor Who story: The Doctor, and companion Gabriel Gonzalez, appear in the middle of a battlefield, in this case during World War I. But there is more to it then just the battlefield of World War I: as the title of the collection tells us, the Weeping Angels are also hunting the battlefield. The brass think the Doctor is a spy, but as we enter a base under siege storyline where the British trenches get attacked by Weeping Angels, the soldiers rally around the Doctor and Companion as he tries to find a way to defeat the implacable Weeping Angels. And since this is a Doctor Who story, the Doctor does just that, cleverly helping the soldiers defeat the Weeping Angels.

Two of the stories featuring the Weeping Angels: "Blink" and "The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone" were two of the greatest, and most clever Doctor Who stories ever, Blink depending on a charming and quirky "ghost story" (with very little screen time for The Doctor), while the two part Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone was a cosmic science-fiction story. Both of them were full of clever twists that made maximum use of the Weeping Angel's odd nature, and reflected the fear of something that was only a threat when it wasn't being viewed. This storyline, while it makes references to those things, doesn't really treat the Weeping Angels any different from any other monster. Some of this is due to the medium---the weird nature of the Weeping Angels makes much better television, with the possibility of jump scares that don't translate well into print. But it is also that many things on Doctor Who that are challenging conceptually in small doses become overworked once they are fan favorites. Strangely, this story didn't do much to challenge. It was a surprisingly linear story where The Doctor showed up at a base under siege and defeated a monster. This also was reflected in the larger political and social implications of the story: while the story starts with a description of the madness that was the First World War, it quickly becomes a standard adventure story with that as a backdrop, and with not a lot of commentary on its setting.

At times, Doctor Who is some of the most conceptual, avante-garde science-fiction to be on television. Other times it is comfortable adventure stories, perhaps too comfortable. I found this story diverting, but it had none of the creativity or timey-wimey nature of the televised Weeping Angel stories.