At the end of the universe lies the beginning of vengeance

The second Star Trek movie. Originally named Star Trek II: The Vengeance of Khan but they changed it because that sounded too similar to Revenge of the Jedi (later changed to Return of the Jedi) which was being made around the same time (1982)

Story by Harve Bennett and Jack B. Sowards, and directed by Nicholas Meyer.

Admiral James T. Kirk (William Shatner) has a desk job while Captain Spock (Leonard Nimoy) is working as a cadet instructor at Starfleet Academy and is also in command of the USS Enterprise (NCC 1701).

Scientists aboard Space Station Regula I are conducting the Project Genesis experiment, and the USS Reliant is assigned to it.

Commander Pavel Chekov and Captain Clark Terrell beam down to the surface of the sixth planet of the Ceti Alpha system and discover a cargo container containing (unbeknownst to them) refugees from the Eugenics Wars, with Khan Noonian Singh (Ricardo Montalban) in charge.

Khan hijacks the Reliant and steals the Genesis Device.

Admiral Kirk takes the USS Enterprise on a training mission, and is involved in a surprise attack, in which Khan vows to avenge his exile.

In the end Captain Spock dies when he goes into the radiation chamber to get the warp drive fixed. After Spock is "buried" in space, his coffin drifts until it lands on the Genesis Planet.

Next up: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock