Quotes from Henry Alfred Kissinger (1923-)
  • "If we do what is necessary, all the odds are in our favor."
  • "There can't be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full."
  • "Leaders must invoke an alchemy of great vision."
  • "We are all the President's men."
  • "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."
  • "Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem."
  • "Even a paranoid can have enemies."
  • "I want to thank you for stopping the applause. It is impossible for me to look humble for any period of time."
  • "Moderation is virtue only in those who are thought to have an alternative."
  • "The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer."
  • "The longer I am out of office, the more infallible I appear to myself."
  • "We had been bombing the bejesus out of them since May." (on Cambodia)
  • "It is very dangerous to underestimate German shortsightedness."
  • "they shouldn't go in for slaughtering that way. It was terrible."
  • "When I speak to your Foreign Minister, he never says, 'I entirely agree.' The most I get is, 'I essentially agree with you.'"
  • "As everybody knows, the Soviet leaders belong to the most unpleasant group one can deal with. Their capacity to lie on matters of common knowledge is stupendous."
  • "They are cold, pragmatic bastards." (On China's leaders)

Sources:
http://www.cyber-nation.com/victory/quotations/authors/quotes_kissinger_henry.html
http://www.uselessknowledge.com/
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/publications/DOC_readers/kissinger/quotes.htm