Encouraged by my success making Triscuit pizzas, I decided to hop online and look for more recipes of the 'dorm room gourmet' variety.

The first cooking page I came across had a featured recipe of Orecchiette with Broccoli Rape.

My god! I thought, this person has gone too far!

Always in favor of violating a few veggies (and enticed by the recipe's promise of being "quick and easy") I clicked the link and learned the dish would serve six.

Hmmm, so it's more of a Broccoli Gang Bang.

After running to the store for some "extra virgin" olive oil, I was all set. Long story short, it was nasty.

I've since learned the existence of broccoli raab, which probably leads a duller sex life than broccoli rape, but here's the recipe as written on a scrap of wrinkly paper from several years ago.

1 lb Orecchiette Pasta
1 lb of Broccoli Rape: washed, trimmed, and sliced into 3" pieces
¼ cup Extra Virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
6 cloves of garlic sliced thinly
¼ tsp dried chili powder
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil, add the Orecchiette and cook for 8 minutes. Add the Broccoli and continue cooking for 6-8 additional minutes.

In the mean time, add olive oil to a large sauté pan and cook onions over high heat for 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and chili powder and lower the heat.

Drain your broccoli and Orecchiette, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Add the cooking liquid, broccoli and Orecchiette to the sauté pan. Add nutmeg, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.

Toss well and serve.