Trucking is also the art of raiding Ameritech, Ma Bell, Time-Warner or other phone/cable company vans and trucks for fun goodies that are otherwise unattainable. Though I have never engaged in said acts, nor would I tell you if I had, trucking is quite illegal unless you happen to be an employee of the aforementioned corporations.

Trucking probably appeals to phreakers and hackers only. What the hell are you going to do with that stuff otherwise? Trucks can yield interesting hardware such as lineman's tools, buttsets, and hard hats- perfect for next year's haloween party.

You pay your monthly bill, right? Why not get something out of it. Call Ameritech to complain about the static on your phone line. Tell jumpsuit-boy (Ameritech thug) that your main box is in the basement. Skip jollily to the van and rape and pillage. Just don't leave anything valuable laying out in your house. Of course when he says he can't find anything wrong with the phone, throw explicatives and curse violently. Demand a refund for poor telephone service.

Time-Warner is a favorite among Road Runner customers. They left a cable modem and test set laying on a friends kitchen table. TW never even came back to get it.

Happy hunting.