The smoke ring is easy to learn, you just need the right tool. First, learn to do them with a cigar. This will give you thicker smoke, and since you aren't inhaling, you have a mouthful of smoke, which is easier. Once you learn to do it this way, the other methods will fall into place.
So here are the steps to learning:
- Find somewhere that you can make a ton of smoke. And I mean a ton. Usually you should go somewhere outside, except you need the air to be still so the wind won't rip up the rings.
- Light your cigar. Puff a lot till its nicely lit and putting out enough smoke.
- Fill your mouth with smoke.
- Drop your jaw as far as it will go and form a nice tight circle with your lips.
- Your tounge just gets in the way, so push it against the bottom of your mouth.
- Rapidly, without blowing, raise your jaw. The volume of your mouth will decrease, forcing some smoke out. If you keep your lips in a circle correctly, you should see a nice little ring.
- Practice, practice, practice. Thats all there is to it!