26 July 2002

Daylog.

Otakon started today! Last night, Mother picked me up from school at the usual 8:30 PM, and on the way home we picked up Joey and Sarah. From there, we went to my house, where we ate a small dinner, I rested, packed, and installed the MP3 player in my Stepdad's car.

I still don't have my car back, after nearly 2 years. *sigh*

So, at any rate, we left my house around 1:30 AM, and I drove us to Baltimore. The ride was rather uneventuful, save for huge amounts of fog when we were passing through the mountains. We arrived safely at the Inner Harbor around... dear God! We had no watches. We were lacking the time until we got to our room.

At any rate, we arrived, parked at a ghastly expensive parking garage, and then checked out the hotel at which we had reservations. I went to the desk, but the clerk told me to come back around noon for early check in.

We left the Wyndham, and walked to the convention center.

The line was already stretching around the entire perimeter of the convention center, and it was not nearly time for registration! By my estimates, it was maybe 7AM. So, as luck would have it, it started to rain. I don't mean a drizzle, I mean monsoon. We got drenched. Finally, after my wallet was soaked, and I had not a dry inch on my body, we made it into the center. We were in line for pre-registration. It took a while, but we made it. I got Vampire Hunter D on my badge.

After getting our registration, we came back to the hotel and checked in. I took the car out of the expensive garage, and parked it in the much more reasonable hotel garage. We went to the room. It was only a little after 10AM! Woohoo! We quickly got into our costumes and went to the center again.

I was Kefka.

I am Kefka.

I am writing this log at 6:49PM. We are tired, hungry, sore, and worn out in general.

We are going to hit the chinese place down the road, and then go back to the con in our street clothes.