Last night she came to my house. She made the hour drive to come visit me! It was a night to remember for a very long time. My parents were home, so we went to the park down the road from my house and used the swing set for a while, then danced in the dark, and lounged around on a lone picnic table. We stayed there until maybe 4 or so in the morning, and we were startled by some strange lights and noises. It turns out that we were being invaded by a large troop of fisherpeople! Eeek!

We must relocate!

We relocated to the parking lot of my old elementary school. She said she had never seen a sunrise, so I figured it was a nice way to spend a few hours chatting - waiting for the ball of fusion to come up over the horizon. Unfotunately it was abnormally foggy, and we were looking in the wrong direction. The sun came up from the side and we didn't even know it.

Solution! We just ducked down a bit, and was as if the sun hadn't quite made it yet. So we got to watch the sun rise after all.

We played at words for a while, and then I knew it was time. I had to do it. There are urges in life that if not acted upon will haunt a person for the rest of their days, and this morning was such a moment.

I leaned over and kissed her.

We spent the next few hours lounging around the park, and then she dropped me off at home and went back to the city.

It was a night well spent.