Duquesne, as it is known colloquially, is a Catholic University, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It sports an enrollment of just under 10,000 students, and is located on the "Bluff," in a comfortable 40 acres of land. It is an urban campus, but set aside from the city just enough to make it comfortable and safe.

Duquesne University was founded as the Pittsburgh Catholic College of the Holy Ghost in October 1878, with a mere 40 students and 7 faculty members. The original location of the school was on Wylie Avenue, in the city's uptown section.

Duquesne offers baccalaureate, professional, masters, and doctoral degrees in a myriad of fields of their nine different schools. The schools are:

McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences Law Business and Administration Pharmacy Music Education Nursing Rangos School of Health Sciences

Duquesne has a well-noted music school, and their medical school is top notch, too, from what I hear. A notable graduate of Duquesne that comes to mind is singer Bobby Vinton.

The Duquesne University Mission Statement

"Duquesne University of the Holy Ghost is a Catholic university, founded by members of the Congregation of the Holy Ghost, the Spiritans, and sustained through a partnership of laity and religious. Duquesne serves God by serving students – through commitment to excellence in liberal and professional education, through profound concern for moral and spiritual values, through the maintenance of an ecumenical atmosphere open to diversity, and through service to the Church, the community, the nation and the world."

My only caveat about Duquesne is that it is hideously expensive. Think along the lines of Ivy League tuition, but for a non-Ivy League school. Duquesne is a great place to go to school, but the price certainly isn't right.