I am SO HAPPY!

Grades were published today to the registrar. I outperformed my projections in EVERY SINGLE CLASS I took this semester. I had taken 21 credits of (mostly) engineering classes this past term, and to be completely honest, I had thought I was going to be getting a large portion of pretty crappy grades (C-, C, C+). Well, to hell with my pessimism! Sometimes, I really just need to sit down, and calm my troubled mind.

Without further ado, my grades:

LINEAR CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS 1: B-
DIGITAL LOGIC: B
DATA STUCTURES: C+
DEPARTMENTAL SEMINAR: S
ECON. OF TECH. CHANGE: A-
ENGINEERING ECON. ANALYSIS: A
DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS: B
INTRO. TO PSYCHOLOGY: A-
None of you have any idea how silly I am with joy right now. I logged on to the University of Pittsburgh website for student accounts only seconds after I woke, and all was shown to me in fantastic beauty. I fell to the floor as if God himself were pushing me down, demanding his worship for having delivered for me; as if the tides of all the ages were pressing down on my mortal carapace; like ten-thousand orcs in think armor were pressing on my forehead, forcing me down to the earth below. I was immobilized with joy.

And then, I sprung to the sky like a lark on a mission - I ran (perhaps fell) the two flights of stairs down to the living room, shouting in exhaltation, calling for whomever might be around - but, alas! - no one was around! I had to tell someone! I had to hug someone and dance feverishly with the passion and intensity of a giddy schoolboy. What to do? I called Jennifer. I shouted my glee over the thin copper, to hear delicate ear - and it felt so good to tell someone how happy I was! She was cooking ground beef - and I was happy! I was in tears, and she could sense it! My joy was pouring out of me from every pore in my body, and it made me tremble, fall prostrate, and be giddy like I have not been in months!

This is one of the best Christmas presents I can ever remember receiving. Thank you, God, Mom, others, and all the greater and lesser forces of the Universe. Merry Christmas!