A character in the computer wargame StarCraft.

Arcturus Mengsk was the leader of the Sons of Korhal, and later the emperor of the Terran Dominion. Mengsk was a Terran prospector native to the planet of Korhal -- and also heir to a long line of rebels and political agitators. Korhal was a fractious fringe colony of the Terran Confederacy. When the Confederacy decided to stem the tide of rebellion by nuking Korhal -- and not coincidentally killing more or less everyone young Arcturus knew and loved -- he too became a revolutionary. He founded the Sons of Korhal, a rebel militia aiming at the overthrow of the Confederacy.

The Sons grew rapidly in the fringe worlds. Once the Confederacy began abandoning worlds to the invading Zerg Swarm, the Sons gained the alliance of the surviving colonial militias -- and eventually a whole division of the Confederate fleet. With the Confederacy in chaos over the Zerg and Protoss attacks, Mengsk and his second-in-command Edmund Duke managed to wrest power over many of the Terran worlds, establishing the Terran Dominion.

Mengsk, and the Dominion, later fell to the United Earth Directorate.

Unlike most of the characters in StarCraft, Mengsk is not represented as a hero unit. As a politician and not a warrior, he would likely be of little use on the field of battle.