On the 19th November 2001, Jerry 'The King' Lawler made his triumphant return to the WWF after nearly nine months away. The preceeding months had been marked not only by an embarrassing (and continuing) public breakup and divorce with Stacey Carter, a gradual fight to reclaim some self-respect, a continuing feud with his real-life cousin Wayne Ferris (aka The Honky Tonk Man) and several gigs working for the World Wrestling Alliance, the newly-formed XWF and several regional promoters.

Jerry's return was facilitated undoubtably by three things. One, his close friendship with Jim Ross. Two, his newly single status (after all, Stacey had been the reason why Lawler quit in the first place). And three, the storyline defeat of the WCW/ECW Alliance at Survivor Series 2001. Paul Heyman, Jerry's replacement was 'fired' and Jerry returned as JR's color man.

To the marks in the WWF crowd, the firing of Heyman and the return of Lawler was like a dream come true. He is the best color commentator in the business, after all. But to some, myself included, Lawler's commentary makes me rather uncomfortable. His schtick was, is, and always will be that of a horny uncle - hence his catchphrase, 'puppies!'. But within ten minutes of his return to Raw, he pulled this 'gag' out:

Lawler: Who's that ??
JR: That's Stacy Kiebler, the Duchess of Dudleyville, King.
Lawler: Wow, JR...I've missed a lot since I was last here!
(the match continues)
Lawler: You know, though, JR - me and Stacy just wouldn't work.
JR: Really, King?
Lawler: Because of the age difference. She's too old!

And then, when interviewed for the Chairshots radio show, he came up with this:

"JR said she was too young for me...the only ones that are too young are the ones that wear pajamas with feet in them!"

Jerry also runs his website, kinglawler.com. He says he needs a new young girl to put pictures of up. One wonders how young is young.