I'm amazingly stoned right now, and in about 20 minutes, I'll be rather blotto as well.

Why, you ask? I found out tonight from my best friend that my girlfriend will be breaking up with me tomorrow.

Background info.
We've been going out for a while now, and have consumated our relationship. We've also told each other that we love each other. Now, a few days ago we were at A&B sound hanging around with her best friend. Some guy comes up to me, starts saying I was threatening him in my car. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about, or even who he is. He then proceeds to punch me in the head and continue egging me on. I got my cellphone and called the cops, and he wandered off, and then I, rather angrily, told my girlfriend that we were leaving, and we left. The next day my girlfriend was all depressed, I asked her what was wrong, and she eventually said that for the first time in a relationship she didn't feel safe. We got into a fight. The next day she seemed fine, although a little aprehensive to touch and so forth. Today, I was talking to my friend Mike, who's been hanging around at her place now and again (they're kindof friends). He tells me that she's planning on breaking up with me tomorrow.

What I don't get is why she told me she loved me, when she would dump me over something so stupid?

Tomorrow, when she does it, I'm going to calmly say something to the effect of "well, now I guess I know how much saying 'I love you' means to you. In either case, there'll always be a place for you in my heart, and if you ever want to talk, you have my number. never forget I loved you. goodbye, and may you have much luck in all your future endeavors."