Nine Inch Nails, better known as Trent Reznor, is an industrial band from the 80's, which happened to survive to put out a decent album in the 90's. All of his releases are Halos. Trent Reznor is an all around musical kinda guy. He can play many instruments, he started on the piano, went on to the tuba and sax, and eventually moved into guitars and drums. Reznor has a brief stint on drums, but on average has another guy do the "real drums". (look inside your cds, you do own the cd, not just the MP3's right? :)

Trent Reznor has always been more for the fans, as opposed to against the fans. He encourages bootlegging of his concerts, and hasnt shutdown sites which distribute full-screen MPEG's of his music videos. People have criticised him for not putting out more albums, especially like Broken, and Pretty Hate machine, but he always respondes using the Smashing Pumpkins as an example. "I could churn out a record every 6 months or so, and have it be the old crap, or every few years, and it will be good. The music is an extension of me, coming from the deepest parts of my mind."

Their best album, in my opinion, is Broken. But their best song is probably also their least known, Perfect Drug. It came out on a soundtrack, and then remixed and re-released on a Single. Closer is probably Nine Inch Nails's best known single. The Fragile is probably Nine Inch Nails's last album, as Trent wants to settle down and raise a family. However he doesnt wish to stop Nothing records. He said in Rolling Stone he wants a female voice to work with.

Everything Quest 4: Artists/Bands/Groups

-Most of this material from an interview in Rolling Stone, some from Bio's on the web, others from CD inserts.