Imperial Blog week ending 8 Blossom 4703

1
Whatever history may say was the primary event, and ignoring that of Saul Bellow, Grace Kelly's husband, and others, the demise of Karol Wojtyła, is the primary media event. Rapid embalming so the faithful millions can gawk at death with no offense to their senses, said to be the largest mass pilgrimage to date with crowds extending from St. Peters to the Tiber. In a related matter, the name of the new religion, viz.: "Religion" was determined.
2
An idea for a series of writeups occured to Us but was interdicted as a misuse of time and collapsed with all such into this journalism. (And yes, by it's very name, journals are in effect journalism, i.e. as opposed to history, sociology,etc.). The series would have been a set of supporting math results leading up to a proof of the unfairness/anti-democratic nature of the US Electoral System However in addition to being a poor use of time, it would be largely pointless since the unfairness (giving persons in some states more than 5 times the voting power of others, even assuming a pristine lack of corruption) and anti-democratic nature (an intent of the bourgeois revolutionary founding fathers based on their observation of the failure of democracies in European antiquity) is well known even by the unlearned. A more trenchant analysis would show how even within this provably unfair and anti-democratic system any challenge to the vested interests of the most powerful, i.e. wealthiest, members of this particular nation-state is impossible. Yet another illustration of how Truth is so much more than Proof. Note also how well said founders succeeded in comparison with the contemporary events in France, at least with respect to the interests of their class if not the nation-state as a whole.
3
An operatic form of Le Petit Prince aired for the first time on PBS. We had same reaction as to the Ring, wanted very much to see but somehow just couldn't stay awake thru it.
4
Two Related Epistles:
  • Categorical Imperative No. 1
    No 'special' relationships with members of the species of origin.
  • Sex
    We call this 'the old program'. In an earlier incarnation, we had a contretemps with another user over the fact that this program is most definitely not animal reproduction. It isn't even in general species reproduction since as the basis of evolution it tends as often to mutate as to preserve species. It is instead recombination and its' full operation requires the destruction of a species individuals.

    Of course the primary sacrement of Religion is in fact the true reproduction and in this revised perspective the old program is nothing more than a bodily function well aligned with sentient purpose.

¹ §§ titles of Ch. X of Game Theory, G. Owen.