Let's see here. I think I'll try out this day log thingie here. Ever heard of In Strict Confidence? Their song Industrial Love is playing...

Anyways, I still have those two editorials to write. One of them being on the security preparations at the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City. I'm trying desperately to avoid using any and all references to... that date. I try to avoid it for the same reasons I'm getting annoyed by the countless flag-waving bastards mucking about in this country. Reminds me of the "true patriotism vs. trendy patriotism" @Issue spread we did last issue. I thought it was a nice idea for about a month or so post facto, but now it's just agitating me that people are still being trendy little bitches.

I have yet to say something meaningful

The second one is my column. Haven't thought of a topic yet. I assume I'll be able to get an idea thanks to kuro5hin, adequacy.org, and (of course) E2. I also have to do my part for the 2-page feature spread on cliques. I have yet to begin research for my news story on the school board elections. High school newspapers are so fun...

Otherwise, what have I done today? Made sure I did nothing productive. Schoolwork just seems so... disgusting. Apparently I need to submit to the system in order to get into a good college, though. My mom enjoys spouting off statistics and rhetoric about how sLeesville is the best school in the state and about how the average GPA at UNC is 4.0. Not that I want to go there. She just relishes in reminding me that when I really get down to it, I am royally screwed.

Ms. German Exchange Student has apparently found a new 'house family'. Tried calling her today but she appeared to be preoccupied. The phone number includes the same three preceding digits as mine. Maybe she doesn't live out in Bumfuck Egypt anymore and somewhat closer to me...

Writing those articles sounds like a good idea. Apparently I should try this day log thing again when I actually have somethinging quasi-meaningful to ramble about.