I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned that one of the reasons Koreans use the flat, metal chopsticks instead of the square, wooden Japanese ones or the round, wooden Chinese ones is that metal chopsticks make effective thrown weapons, if the Japanese (or anyone else) suddenly decide to invade your country in the middle of dinner.

Korea has three main martial arts. The well-known tae kwon do of course, but also the lesser known arts of gumdo (sword fighting) and one called hapkido that somewhat similar to jujitsu, from what I've heard. This last one is the one you want to study if you want to learn how to throw a chopstick with lethal force.

I have not gone to a hapkido dojo to see someone do this in person, but after feeling these chopsticks in my hand (I eat with them every day), I do not find it the slightest bit hard to believe that a properly trained person could easily kill someone from across the room with one of these.

Although, as I said, I've never seen it done, I've had someone demonstrate the basic motion. The chopstick is held flat against the palm of the hand, with the base of the chopstick aligned with the bottom of the palm. The thumb crosses the palm to hold it in place, and the tip of the chopstick extends beyond the middle finger. The hand is raised above the head, palm inwards, elbow at about 90 degrees. The arm is swung downwards and elbow extended. The wrist is snapped, and the chopstick released when it is pointing at the target.