I'm on weekend shift right now and Tuesday was the last day of my work week. The joy of freedom was tempered by the sudden onset of indigestion right before the end of my shift. I chalked this up to eating too much at lunch but the symptoms quickly evolved into chills and muscle aches. I went home and straight to bed; hoping that I could sleep it off. What followed was one of the more sleepless nights I've experienced. Headache, body ache, chills, all night and into the morning.

Sometime after sunrise I dragged my tired, pained carcass out of bed and went to do my daily screening. I work in a hospital, and a part of my employment there is that I must do an online screening to determine if I've got Covid. Having flu symptoms is an automatic failure. This meant that I had to make an appointment to get a nasal swab test. This in turn meant I had to get my supervisor to send me a link that sent me to another much more complex survey and make an appointment. I don't know what all of this rigamarole accomplish but I jump through all of their hoops and went on to the testing center where I had to present several kinds of ID and drove out to get the swab. An hour later and I get a call that confirms what I already knew: I don't have Covid.

I've got some mix feelings on all of this. On one hand it's nice to have an employer who's interested enough in my and my coworkers health but on the other hand I didn't have any non flu symptoms and it was my day off. Regardless, I'm mostly better so that's great. Lentil soup did wonders.