I REALLY want to node more write-ups under five hundred words but they always end up around at like six to eight hundred words long. I am not a fast writer so this is a bit of a problem. On that note, what is your typical writing speed? On average how long does it take for you to finish a write up?

If I finish this month I'll be over one hundred write ups. The world we live in is defined by information and despite prognostications of falling literacy the written word remains an incredibly powerful tool that makes or breaks people and movements. I spend enough time online that I see people who can churn out huge amounts of good, insightful text and I wonder why I can't do the same most days. I know I'm capable of putting out things that people want to read but most times I sit down to type I find myself staring blankly at the screen or frustrated at getting the tenses to agree at the beginning and end of a sentence. Other days it just flows. I've noticed some patterns, I'm better in the evenings, better when I have a specific goal like an argument to make or particular feeling I want to get across, not so good when I'm just trying to describe something, any given subject is wide enough that you'll run out of characters. When I try and describe things generally I'm tempted to put more and more in. My recent Rick and Morty episode nodes are particularly bad about this. I'm pretty sure I could run into two or three thousand words if I had unlimited time and could make them exactly how I want.

So this daylog isn't just noding about noding, I'm hyped because the sequel to my favorite work of fiction is starting tomorrow. Worm ended in 2013 and it's only gotten more popular with time as more and more people find out about it. I noded the next work by Wildbow, Pact, and with any luck I'll node his third work, Twig, before the end of November. I love all three but Worm is my favorite by far and with the way the original story ended it's really hard to say how the sequel will look. A new protagonist and a setting that is dramatically changed are both givens but the author has shown himself more than capable of switching genres. Fingers crossed.

IRON NODER X: XTREME XCELLENCE