A warning...

So, I feel compelled to point out that three of my favorite bodies of work on E2 are The Custodian's Park Ethereal, Jet-Poop's Metro City Chronicles, and the The Von Wicked Chronicles. I am not sure how much anyone really cares what I think, since I am new here and (admittedly) more of a reader than a writer. That does not make my opinion any less true to me.

To me, fiction, poetry, and personal experiences are the very heart of E2. Sure, I could use E2 to look up a yummy recipe for dinner (and have), or to find out what in the hell Grimm's Law is. However, I could also Google those things. It would be a less interesting and unique read, but it would get the job done. The fiction and personal experiences here on E2 are what make it special for me, and I feel like it is slipping away before I have had the chance to really enjoy it.

I have read some things recently by Jet-Poop, The Custodian, and to a lesser degree (a beautiful poem btw) even Evil Catullus that really makes me start to panic thinking they might pull their work from here, or just stop posting it. I understand the desire to be published and read by a bigger audiance. I just worry (for myself) that once they are gone from E2, I will never have the pleasure of reading their work again. I wish I had known about E2 before last year. Of course, it was probably because I had my head buried in a book.

I am new. My writing needs improvement before I feel comfortable posting with all of you. I cannot upvote your works. I love them though. When The Custodian posted tunnel vision the other day after making me wait 3 weeks from the last chapter, I could have just strangled him for making it so short and leaving me hanging like that. Then he swoops in with Where and when a few days later (yay!). I stumbled across one of the Von Wicked Chronicles, and had to go back and read the entire series. I thought today that I would check to see if I had missed one of Jet Poop's Metro City Chronicles, and I found his daylog.

These three writers I have used as examples, because it is most fresh in my mind. I have come across so many great writeups by so many people on this site. I have read works by people who have moved on. I just sucks that I will not be looking for the newest update to their stories.

Get ready for me to tell you when I like your writeup. Sure, I am new and it might not mean as much to you as someone with more influence telling you. At least you will know one person liked it. From now on, I will be sending anyone whose writeup I enjoyed that day a message. Feel free to stop me if you’re feeling squeemish…

DriftingHere