"Magnum redefined the European ice cream market as the first ice cream developed especially for adults. It is positioned as the essence of the pursuit of personal indulgence."
- Unilever Website (http://www.unilever.com/br/bp/ic.html)

Defined as 'luxury impulse ice cream' and marketed as well-deserved self-indulgence for young, slim professional people with nice faces, the Magnum has a sleek, elegant and streamlined design, like an Audi TT or an expensive vibrator. The basic 'concept' is simple: yummy, creamy, sugary vanilla ice cream surrounded by a nice thick, crunchy cold layer of chocolate. Not since the Choc Ice has such a bold attempt been made to encase ice cream in chocolate, and the ensuing consumer hysteria has made Magnum one of the flagship brands for Walls and Unilever.

The Magnum advertisements in Ireland focus on (as one might expect) bright sunny days, young people (but not too young - after all, this is an expensive ice cream), and the proven and successful message adored by all watchers of Friends and Ally McBeal: all this stuff about diet and health is all very well, but it's not FUN!! In this case, fun is a glorified sugarlump on an elegantly moulded wooden stick. Cue to multiple images of young women with bright red lipstick crunching sinfully into the chocolate casing of their favourite flavour Magnum. Remember, kids: It's good to be selfish sometimes! Cue catchphrase: "No way! I'm not sharing it!"

Available flavours include:


Please /msg me if you know of a flavour that I've omitted.