Actually, the extended use of the word Nazi began far earlier than the Seinfeld sitcom. It has slowly crept into the English lexicon much the same way 1984 has for dystopia AND/OR intrusive government or McCarthyism has for unfair investigatory methods AND/OR political witch hunting. The term Nazi is used for any group or person who espouses an ideology so absolutely that they try to force everyone else to it, becoming in essence, ultra-dictorial.

This is really above and beyond the specific historical definition of Nazi; it just draws on the resonance, and in a negative way. Hence, I think the popular usage of Nazi should be quite attractive to someone like Footprints.

Not to go off on a rant here, but there is one other point I'd like to make:
Above, Footprints said that Seinfeld had the luxery of using Nazi because he was Jewish.

I can't disagree more.

Why? Because that type of rationale is sooooo akin to a group of non-black people using the word nigger, and considering it a non-racist remark because they were courteous (no ebony-skinned people were around). It isn't non-racist, it's the self-consciousness that you're a dirtbag, and attempting to mask the fact.

This goes both ways however, which is the Seinfeld example. If it's racist for others to use nigger why isn't it for ebony skinned people?

To paraphrase (from memory) Maya Angelou from a conference at NYU:
"Black people use the word nigger to describe each other. Why? What's the difference between them and others...other than the word nigger?"

Yes, I realize this is a reach from the Seinfeld comment, but it is the same reasoning at heart.

And that's my 2 cents.