I'm entering week two of having iritis. Feeling very sorry for myself. My left eye has stopped hurting now, but the right one is pretty painful and inflamed. I have to drip the right eye every two hours with one kind of eyedrops, and every four hours with something else, and then there's a gel that I have to put in at night. The left eye is only every four hours with one kind, and morning and night with the other, no gel.

Now, as the very organised and prepared person I am, I mislaid my glasses years ago, and never really got around to buying another pair - which means that I am practically blind now that I'm not allowed to wear contacts.

My ophtal.. optom... eye-doctor sent me to have some blood tests taken, to find out why I all of a sudden am being attacked by this very annoying affliction. I'm suspecting menopause (I mean, menopause can cause all kinds of oddities), but doc says that it's unlikely. Hrmph.

I am writing this with my nose almost touching the keyboard, periodically having to lean close to the screen to see if I typed it up right, causing me to type with my bosom. I should probably keep away from the computer for a few days.

Anyway: /complaint


Thanks for your time.