"Sticky Chocolate Cake"


I am close to hopeless in a kitchen. I can make a passable lasagna, and I can bake fairly nice bread - but that's just about it. I have yet to muster the courage to try out some of the great recipes found here on E2 because, frankly, I have the feeling the end result will be something the world would be better for not having to experience.

BUT I have decided that I need to node this one recipe. I feel sorry for anyone who has not yet tasted this cake, and it'll be my pleasure - I hope - to present to you:

The St... no, wait; I already did the presentation thing. Well then. Here goes:



You'll need:

  • 200 grams nice dark chocolate
  • 200 grams butter (salted, if you should be in doubt)
  • 4 whole eggs
  • 0.2 l sugar. No superfine sugar needed. Just regular sugar. I think.
  • 0.2 l flour. Plain flour.
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder


Right.

Now you need to get a 28cm (11 inch) round cake tin (preferably a spring form) ready, either with non stick baking paper, or with some other means of getting the cake out in one piece. And make sure your oven will be a nice 225° C by the time you're ready to stick the cake in there.

Lemme see... Yes, you melt the chocolate and the butter. I am sure you know how to melt chocolate and butter in a safe way, so I won't go into that. If you don't know, first look at sneff's wu at the top of this node. Okay: beat the eggs and the sugar good, and then fold that into the the melted butter-chocolate. Mix the flour and the baking powder, and sift it into the batter. Again fold it into the chocolate-butter-sugar-egg mix. Not too difficult, now was it?


So all of this gooey goodness goes into the spring form, which is then placed in the oven, in the middle. Not for long. 12 to 15 minutes should suffice. I like it when the middle of the cake is still quite gooey, but if you don't want that, just leave it for another couple of minutes.



Serve before it gets too cold, preferably with whipped cream. You can serve with fruit too, of course. Whatever tickles your fancy.



Enjoy.




Recipe kindly provided by good friend and sublime cook, Charlotte. Ta, duder.