References to Edinburgh landmarks are purely for my own amusement, and knowledge of the relevant geography is not requirerd to read this writeup.

Bad Day.

Finally got the A Perfect Circle cd, as I feel guilty about having ripped off such a great band. I got it from HMV, which strangely has it in the metal section. Smiled at the security guards on the way out. For some reason, they do not like that.

Ran into an old friend from school on Chambers Street. He asked what I was up to these days and I told him I'm at University. He said Hmmm... I might be going to college next year... I'll see if I can be arsed. This guy is one of the most intelligent, creative people I know and he's spending his time bumming around town. Sad really. Oh well...

Popped into Starbucks on Bread St to sit down and read New Scientist over an over-roasted, over-priced coffee. The editorial on Dubya's rejection of the Kyoto Protocol got me very angry. Apparently he rejected it because it was flawed. But most of those flaws were caused by American delegates trying to protect their country's precious business interests. Again, very sad.

Got on a bus (a 16, iyc) and noticed the nice shiny new building at Tollcross. Became very curious as to what was inside, and whether it would make a good writeup.

Got off bus at Morningside Station for a haircut. I had my head shaved. Why? I have no idea. I normally have medium-legth hair, just too short for a centre parting, long enough to make a spiky-at-the-front kind of style, but today I decided I wanted rid of it all. It now resembles a bad US Army crew cut. Maybe I just can't be bothered looking after that crap on my head anymore.

Nipped over the road for passport photos. Came out absolutely ghastly. Three quid down the drain. What the hell is with these digital photo booths? They pick out every imperfection, every minute acne scar, and magnify it to crystal clarity. Even the two-week-old remenants of black eye, which I can barely make out in the mirror, showed up perfectly. Grr...

Got home and encountered the distinct impression that my parents fucking hate my haircut. Felt akward. Expecting hat as gift.

My Tool tickets haven't turned up yet. Checked the website, turns out they haven't been printed yet. The London show, June 11, 2001, has already sold out. Blimey.

Had another look at the resit information for my Digital Logic module. Not looking forward to it. I hated the module first time round, I hate resits on general principle, you do the math.

logged onto E2 to find three /msgs all along the lines of "thanks a lot" or "cheers for the suppourt!".

Maybe not such a bad day after all.