The way I spend my votes is, I pick the darkest (in my ekw) softlink and read it, vote appropriately (in my head), and just go to town, reading, always reading. I wanted to share some interesting writeups that I've been following around. After that, I will talk about something else. Probably I'll be thinking about ninjas. Drinking lukewarm beer.

I received a tremendous amount of feedback on my last daylog, so in the interests of full disclosure, I deemed it a worthy endeavour to share with the reader some decent writeups. Look man, I'm not talking about the oh-my-god-sperm-drying-on-my-thigh writeups. Those I have given you, and Lost Gems of Yesteryear includes basically anything that I would include. The writeups I would like to share today are a result of my indifferent way of voting on stuff; good writeups, worthy of even your decadent tastes, but perhaps not included in the pantheon of artistic excellence, a thing which has the unsettling effect of allowing no comparison, despite quality content. Listen, I will kill any man in a knife fight who says that The Bear FAQ isn't goddamned amazing.

It occured to me that Random Node is largely unsatisfying. I do not see the name of the writeup first, and it is additionally unsatisfying because of Webster 1913's prevalence. So I click on the darkest (in my ekw) softlink and read. If I do not like it, I choose a random person from the Other Users list and read. If one morning you wake up and your node tracker says someone +1ed your last eight writeups, that was probably me. (See, a true "audit" would go from front to back, beginnning to end. I have done that with exactly one noder--Dannye, maybe? Someone with an assload of writeups--and I will never do it again. My dreams have darkened since that time. I cower at shadows now. Nay, I will not go that dark path again.

It is very possible to come by the same writeup combo more than once. Softlinking, for example, "Satan" to "Tony Blair" may provide the user with a bouncy-point, going back and forth between Satan and Tony Blair over and over again. For purposes of this writeup, I have removed any such instances, to save both bandwidth, and your not-valuable time. I am kind, benevolent. And beautiful, the way an eagerly-awaited deli-bought pre-made pizza would be beautiful, if you were homeless, stole it, and didn't get caught. Also nodeshells: I have discluded nodes without content. Daylogs and dreamlogs too, because, well, read them on your own time, suckers.

Astonishingly, I've come across the writeup "nougat" no less than 45000 times. It's good, but I hate those long pseudo-bibliographies. My hero in life, Webster 1913, has not one of those, even if I (more or less) just want to hug user segnbora-t for all the work she has done for us.

Keeping with the food theme for a moment, the writeups in the node Steak are good. Sure, one is Webby again, but he mentions turtle steak, so all is well.

We diverge from food slightly now, and end up with the node abortion, and despite the avalanche of dissonance, homogeneity, there is also some genuine goodness. Of course it's been ed-locked. I would've. Please to read.

Oooh, a node I could've include in Brawl's quest, guys: HOWTO: Build a lasting peace in the Middle East.

Sometime later--according to this ancient .txt file I'm looking at, anyway--I found the nodes Dada and Dada movement. Despite the topic itself being some seriously irrelevant bullshit, it at least is some seriously irrelevant bullshit I've never read about before, and I am eager, yea, even frothing at the mouth for bullshit I've never read before. And relax, relax, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, Dada-noders. I like you guys a lot. I wasn't shitting in your pants okay? You guys rock.

And just now, I found the the node The World's Shortest Horror Story. Anyway, good reading!

Before I go, I wanted to give a shout-out to one last writeup, softlinked to corpse or something like that. I cannot say I've had sufficient opportunity (or inertia) to read JohnnyGoodyear's work, but Eleven sentences about boiled tongue is particularly good. A lot of words in there. I like words. And so do you.

The Bear FAQ