Maruchan Ramen is a type of prepackaged noodle soup which is very inexpensive and can be made easily in three minutes with just a bit of boiling water. Maruchan is but one brand of ramen noodle soup, but it is a popular one due to its variety of flavors, very inexpensive price, tastiness, and easy preparation. Perhaps the most distinctive feature of Maruchan Ramen compared to other brands is the strong flavor; some people may not want to use the full flavor packet included with their soup. You can thus adjust flavor to your particular taste.

In the United States, Maruchan Ramen is readily available for eight packages per dollar U.S.. Sales are frequent, often driving the price to twelve packages per dollar U.S. or, on occasion, fifteen packages per dollar U.S. The food is of high quality for this price, to be sure.

Maruchan Ramen noodles are made of wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, salt, water, soybeans, salt, potassium carbonate, sodium phosphates, sodium carbonate, and tumeric. These are largely common food ingredients.

Each particular flavor contains a packet with distinct ingredients; see the list of flavors below for more details on each flavor of Maruchan Ramen.

Cooking Instructions

Maruchan Ramen comes pretty much ready to cook, with little preparation. What preparation there is is quite simple.

  1. Boil two cups of water in a saucepan. It is much better to estimate over on this than under, because burnt ramen noodles are awful.
  2. Add noodles and cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally. My advice is to break up the "brick" that the noodles come in while still inside the package. Smashing the package a few times so that the noodles are no longer extremely clumped together makes for easier cooking (no stirring is needed if you break them up!) and shorter noodles when done.
  3. Turn off heat and stir in seasoning packet. Each package of Maruchan Ramen comes with a seasoning packet that provides the specific flavor.
  4. Stir and serve immediately.

Available Flavors and Recipes

There are quite a lot of flavors of Maruchan Ramen available. Each is distinct in terms of nutrition facts, taste, and recipes, so what follows is a listing of flavors. I will add more as I node them, for there are truly many flavors of Maruchan Ramen.

Maruchan Beef Flavor Ramen
Maruchan Chicken Flavor Ramen
Maruchan Chicken Mushroom Flavor Ramen
Maruchan Chili Flavor Ramen
Maruchan Oriental Flavor Ramen
Maruchan Pork Flavor Ramen
Maruchan Roast Beef Flavor Ramen
Maruchan Roast Chicken Flavor Ramen