Founded in the wake of the Sept 11
attacks on the United States. The organization is dedicated towards working for peace
in the name of Islam
To quote from their website:
As Muslims, we condemn terrorism in all its forms and manifestations. Ours is a religion of peace. We are sick and tired of extremists dictating the public face of Islam.
The key goals of this organization are:
- Take back Islam from those who preach hatred and violence.
- Stand up and be counted as vocal, Muslim American champions of peace around the world.
- Emphasize that Islam prohibits terrorism and demands peace.
- Educate Muslims and non-Muslims alike about the prohibitions Islam makes against the taking of innocent life.
- Assist in efforts to combat terrorism and aid its victims.
Their website has an interesting FAQ
quoting the Koran
in support of their position.
The information in this node is compiled from http://www.muslimsagainstterrorism.com