• Give them a foot rub. Use a lotion (Body Shop's peppermint foot lotion is perfect but any body lotion works nicely) Take your time.
  • Bake them a cake, for no reason.(Or biscotti if they are worried about their weight)
  • Run them a deep bubble bath. Talk to them while they bathe, and be waiting with a warm fluffy towel when they get out.
  • Write them a poem, if you can write well. (Be ruthlessly critical -- if your poetry sucks, give them a love poem by a good poet such as the lover wishes for the cloths of heaven). Format it nicely, print it on good paper, and tie it with a ribbon.
  • Wash their back in the shower.
  • Cut a flower from the garden and leave it on the pillow. (Especially nice if you change the sheets and stuff first).
  • Dress up, just for them, occasionally.
  • Serve an ordinary dinner with candlelight and soft music. Even beans on toast is special by candlelight.
  • Slip an 'I love you' note in with their lunch, or into their pocket before they go to work.
  • For their birthday, or valentines, cut out some paper hearts and, while they sleep, leave a trail of hearts from the bed to their present or card.
  • When you go away, let them know you are thinking of them. Schedule an e-card to be delivered every day till you get home, or if they don't have e-mail, write some of those free postcards you get in cafes and have a neighbour pop one in the mailbox every day.
  • Come up behind them, and kiss the back of their neck.
  • Call when you know they'll be out and leave a loving voicemail message, or send them an SMS.
  • Save them your last Rolo.
  • Write "I love you" in their mashed potato as you serve it.
  • Wash and/or brush their hair.
  • Choose a day when they are really tired and wait on them hand and foot.
  • Stroke their face, in passing.
  • Make them a birthday/anniversary/valentine card, rather than buying one.
  • Forget about noding for a whole day, and give them your undivided attention.