Some Random Tidbits on Porn & Sex Addicts
Source: http://www.xxxchurch.com, the The Number One Christian Porn Site on the Internet

Playboy’s headquarters received 4.7 million hits in a recent 7 day period.

According to a U.S. News and World Report article, the porn industry recently took in more than $8 billion in one year “more than all revenues generated by rock and country music, more than America spent on Broadway productions, theater, ballet, jazz and classical music combined.”

The primary pornography consumer group is boys between ages 12-17.

The church, for the most part, is unaware and uncomfortable dealing with pornography issues.

Estimates for the number of X-rated sites on the net range from 20,000 to 7 million. ("Sex on the Web," CNET.com, April 28, 1999)

Forrester Research found that porn Web sites earned $1 billion in 1998 and will earn $1.5 billion in 1999.

Every day, up to 30 million people log on to pornographic Web sites ("Sex on the Web," CNET.com, April 28, 1999).

The research company Relevant Knowledge found that 9.6 million users, (about 15 percent Web users), logged on to the 10 most popular cybersex sites during the month of April, 1998 alone. (Wired News, June 10, 1998)

An estimated $8-10 billion is spent annually by Americans for pornography. This exceeds the combined gross of ABC, CBS, and NBC which is 6.2 billion.

Two-hundred million copies of Hustler, Penthouse, and Playboy are distributed in U.S. homes every year.

The combined circulation of Playboy and Penthouse exceeds that of Time and Newsweek.

The average age at which men first see Playboy or a similar magazine is 11.

A porn film can be made for only $20,000 to $125,000 and can make up to $2 million in profit from retail sale.

Laboratory studies have showed that viewing violent pornographic films can increase aggression against women.

In a 1985 study of 256 non-incarcerated perpetrators of sexual offenses who were undergoing treatment, 56% of rapists and 42% of women said they had been sexually abused by someone they knew as a direct result of his use of pornography.

A 1986 Women's Day survey of 6,000 readers found that 21% of women said they had been sexually abused by someone they knew as a direct result of his use of pornography.

It is believed that 70% of women involved in pornography are survivors of incest or child sexual abuse.

Nearly 900 theaters show X-rated films and more than 15,000 "adult" bookstores and video stores offer pornographic material, outnumbering McDonald's restaurants in the U.S. by a margin of at least three to one.

Each year, nearly 100 full-length pornographic films provide estimated annual box office sales of $50 million.

Approximately 70% of the pornographic magazines sold eventually end up in the hands of minors.

Sex Addicts Anonymous has two phone numbers: 800.477.8191 or 713.869.4902 (M-F, 10-6 PM)