user since
Wed Jul 18 2001 at 14:32:14 (22.7 years ago )
last seen
Thu May 15 2014 at 17:17:17 (9.8 years ago )
number of write-ups
262 - View DejaMorgana's writeups (feed)
level / experience
23 (Grand Poobah) / 29513
C!s spent
455
motto
Faster and Crunchier
most recent writeup
America, we need to talk
Send private message to DejaMorgana

Image is an American Toad singing in Chatfield Hollow, CT.

MARCH 5, 2010: I'm not around much these days. Not sure why. I could blame the two kids now competing for my attention, or the fact that I figured out that every time i posted a story here i was cutting that story from most of the good fiction markets, or the fact that i knit a lot these days. It's probably all of these and a few other things. I still love you, though.


"Hladik was past forty. Apart from a few friends and many routines, the problematic pursuit of literature constituted the whole of his life; like every writer, he measured other men's virtues by what they had accomplished, yet asked that other men measure him by what he planned someday to do." -- Jorge Luis Borges, "The Secret Miracle"

The thing about Borges is that he has stolen every cool idea you will ever have, and cleverly arranged to have written them better than you could ever hope to, sixty years ago.