1. What is your name? 

JD/Jeff, but I used to leave time in tatters

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately? 

Hmmm... I have a new short story coming out this spring in a magazine called On Spec (Canada's answer to Asimov's), and I'm waiting to hear back on a couple more. Also, I'm running in a fundraiser for the Canadian Brain Tumour Foundation, and will happily take additional donations. Sadly, we will now run in memory, rather than just in honour, of a local fourteen-year-old girl. 

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder? 

I cannot recall how I first found the site, long ago in another era of the World Wide Web. Once I did, I dropped by sporadically over the course of perhaps a year. I finally signed up to noderhood when I was in recovery from a medical situation, in pain, and needed a distraction. 

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders? 

I like a good obsessive factual, but this sort of thing holds merit as well.

I return about once every year to junkpile's How did I get here, Sarah? and icicle's 5am in the middle of a wasted summer for reasons that transcend any reason I can give.

Overall, however, I have enjoyed too many writings of too many sorts by too many people to single them out. The list would go ever on, Check my chings.

As for me, I like my work one day and not the next. I've shared reviews, examined corners of pop culture, and recounted crimes, but I'm glad I've contributed things like The long-lasting light bulb of Livermore, California and The Texas UFO Crash of 1897.

The fact that eulogies to both my parents may be found at e2 will always be significant to me. 

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history? 

Favorite:

I like being able to read interesting things here. When I have less time to do it, the place means less to me, and when I have more time, well....

E2 felt like a vibrant and exciting community when I went to my first large noder meet, and I've been to a few smaller get-togethers I've enjoyed. In Toronto a couple years back, we talked for hours and failed to get bored.

I also once encountered katyana by chance in a city where neither of us lives. That was cool.

I enjoyed becoming Mantits Wikipedian for the Wordmongers Masque. At one point, I found myself in an awesome, sustained argument with a now-fled noder about imaginary sources.

Least favorite:

Several prominent Canadian noders, people I came here to read, disappeared awhile back, taking their work with them. I miss them, and I miss their work. 

6. What keeps you coming back? 

The site connects me to a bewildering diversity of subjects in a way that no other place does, both through the nodes and the catbox

7. What do you hope for E2's future? 

That, somehow, a site rooted in a very different online era will continue to exist.

Also, Aerobe should node more often. 

8. What does E2 mean to you? 

It's been an interesting place to practice my writing, keeping my skills alive between projects while meeting interesting imaginary friends. 

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most? 

Erm... aneurin,anthropod, borgo, decoy hunches, Demeter, drownzsurf, gahachino, Halspal, iceowl, Jet-Poop, Lucy-S, momomom, sam512, Sol Invictus, Tempestas, Tem42, wertperch, Zephronias...

You know what? The list will just keep getting longer.

Miss? Grundoon. allseeingeye, aneurin, anthropod, bewilderbeast, creases, Danneeness, hapax, JudyT, Lady_Day, Princess Therion, Quizro, sid. Rancid_Pickle, the first person to ching! me here, and Lometa, the first to welcome me.

Sadly, that list, I fear, will continue to grow, too. 

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie? 

Michael Rosenbaum. Or maybe Charles E. Cullen

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world." 

Joe's Corner Bar and Grill.

But in a literate part of town, where the people generally have interesting tales to tell. Across the tracks and two blocks away, there's a thriving row of trendy clubs and vertical drinking establishments, where more popular people hang. They have newer streetlights there-- our side street has the old-fashioned kind with grooved poles-- but the noise over there prevents you from hearing if anything said is worth the listening.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact JD or Jet-Poop.