1. What is your name?

My name is Ozymandias, king of -- wait, wrong cue card, sorry. My name is Chord. Wait, you knew that already. What, you want my ACTUAL name? My offline name? Oh, come now, I don't go and give out that on the -- wait, I'm on Facebook. I'm already burned. *SIGH* Alright, I'll tell you my first name. EVE.

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I am a blonde Anglo from Connecticut, i.e. the whitest person you know. I'd say I've lived a life of luxury and ease, although my definition of luxury is "owns four walls and a roof and a warm bed and never has to worry about finding food". Doesn't sound like much, but the bar is pretty low, believe me. And it's all I've ever felt like I needed.

Lately, besides writing, working for the USPS, and playing the Carillon, I have once again taken up the playing of the piano, for the sake of being able to replicate some of the pieces in my iTunes playlist. I had forgotten that I was a decent pianist.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

It's been a decade, I have no clue how I found this place. Probably TvTropes. I became a noder specifically to respond to Humbabba's "As a Capitalist, I am Enraged". By sticking my response right below theirs on the same node. I was quickly informed that this was typically not done on E2. So I put a longer response on its own node. And then I realized that I could post some of the stuff I had been writing for my college fiction class, and things snowballed from there.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

Favorite writeup from other noders. Right. Yes. Ahem. That would be...Fisting. 

Or at least it's the one I remember best. Certainly because of the subject matter, also because it was the most frank, honest, detailed, and intelligent discussion of sex I had ever encountered. Its pointers regarding communication, foreplay and patience are valuable for the subject as a whole, not merely the specifict act of hole-filling that the writeup discusses.

Such a shame that I won't be using the info for myself, ever, but I will always refer someone to this node if they need any pointers about sex. Especially if they mean to attempt fisting.

As for a favorite writeup from my own work, that would be A Fabulous Head. I consider it a prime example of my ususal method of writing short stories, which is to extrapolate a silly phrase that I came up with from my observations of the world. See also Have you ever wondered how many gears a car can have? or: My experiences with an East German vehicle.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Favorite memory from E2 history: Conversations in the Chatterbox. That was where I started to feel like I was part of the gang. And also I like flameballing people. I don't see much activity there lately, alas. Maybe I'm never on at the right time.

Least favorite memory: I am still embarrassed to have jumped into the kerfuffle over Lizardinlaw without knowing exactly what was going on.

6. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)?

I have a lot of fun using hard links as alt text, and also I'm here for some kind of feedback. As always.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

That it continues on forever. Probably not realistic.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

For me, E2 is the best of the old Internet from before the dismal pettiness and thunderous rages of Social Media. It is a website full of wild and wooly writing, done with the sort of abandon one finds in few places now besides AO3 and Tumblr. Utterly impossible to market according to demographics, and just as well it has no advertisements -- it has always been a community and a labor of love, not a commercial enterprise. Which is probably why it has stuck around so long.

And also it's a place where I can post my writing and people will actually see it. 

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Favorite noder: Those who have given me a kind word. I am remembering Auduster and RedOmega especially.

Noder I miss the most: RedOmega. She's pretty cool and I haven't seen her around in a while.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

If it's animated, then Jennifer Hale, because she's a contralto. If it's live-action, then Claudia Black, because she has a nose like mine, and she's a contralto. There aren't many other people in the world who can match my voice.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Connecticut. It's a wonderful little place with kind people and all manner of small delights to discover, if you know where to look, but it's hardly famous and its days of true influence upon its world are long over.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

Questions for me? Ask me where to find Sesame Street. Questions for yourself? Always ask yourself if the stuff that's happening on the headline news is actually happening in your general area. The answer is usually "no".

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact Chord or Jet-Poop.