Today was my favorite kind of day. I woke up to the sun shining through my window. I could hear the birds sweetly singing and my alarm clock was not buzzing. I could feel a gentle breeze coming through and with the breeze the sweet smell of coming rain. As I lay in bed I could feel the air getting cooler and the birds quieter. I decided to go downstairs and make myself some breakfast.

As I was waiting for my Chicken n Broccoli Lipton Noodles and Sauce to finish nuking I eagerly checked my Everything account. I was happy to see that I had gained experience in those few short hours since I last logged off. I began node surfing til I heard the ding of the mic.

When I reached the kitchen I glanced out the window and saw the difference in the sky. The breeze had picked up considerably, the trees now bending slightly against it. The sky had darkened and the birds were silent. And I head the first rumblings of thunder.

I have always loved thunderstorms. It almost always storms on my birthday, it being in July. And suppose being a cancer, a water sign, might contribute to my love of the rain, thunder and lightning.

Suddenly it was pouring and I found myself scrambling to shut the windows. I ran upstairs and found the papers on my desk to be already soaked, but I didn't mind. As I was closing the window I caught sight of my favorite old sweatshirt lying on the closet floor, the neckline so stretched out that it won't stay on the hanger. I put it on, grabbed my book on the way out and headed for the porch.

As I was sitting there, all warm and cozy, the thunder roaring, I silently celebrated my quickness in closing all the windows in the house. I often get so caught up in my love affair with electrical storms that I forget to close the windows, and it was then that I remembered that I had left my car window open!