Hi, my name is Debbie and I am a bathroom reader



I cannot even remember the first time I read in the bathroom. It seems like I have been reading on the pooper all my life. In fact I am such a bathroom reader that I even read while in the tub. I can remember as a child reading the back of the shampoo bottles over and over again, just to have something to do. I bring my mail in with me. I make my to do list for the day. I just can't stop myself.

When I think back on my life as a bathroom reader I try to figure out how it started, why am I a bathroom reader? Well, as a kid I can remember every Sunday morning my dad would go in for his 'morning constitution', that's what he always called it, I have no idea what that means, but that's what he called it. Anyway, every Sunday morning he would head for the bathroom, with both Sunday papers, for what seemed like three hours. I can remember when I hit rock bottom with the bathroom reading thing. I actually got in a fist fight with my dad, yes, my dad, for the Sunday paper. I only wanted one...I still don't understand why he couldn't share. But that was a long time ago...

I know that a lot of people think that reading in the bathroom is disgusting but there's just something satisifying about reading a good book while letting go of your day's meals. And besides, sometimes it just takes too long and sometimes you just need to take your mind off of 'things' so that you can relax enough.

Hi, my name is Debbie and I am a bathroom reader