Back to the Dim Sum metanode
They look like bells. But this is really a pie-like dish with a nice stuffing. I prefer veal, because it is tender and tasty. Serve with peppercorn salt, because that makes it better. Also, if you don't fry them long enough, they taste bad. Fry until crunchy.
- Combine the meat with scallion, ginger, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry, egg, and stock. Mix thoroughly.
- Place a bean curd sheet on a flat surface and moisten with warm water, just enough to dampen it.
- Spoon 1/4 of meat mixture onto sheet. Roll like a jelly roll. Repeat process with three other sheets.
- Cut each roll into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Dip each end into remaining 3 tablespoons cornstarch to seal.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees in wok. Deep-fry bells until crispy.
- Serve hot.